Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A couple months from departure

I am not yet in the Middle Kingdom- ie China - but I wanted to set up this blog in preparation for it - call me the perpetual forward thinker trying to get stuff done as soon as possible. I hope you will enjoy reading my rants and raves as I meander through the Chinese maze known as Beijing. Clearly, I will have some stories to tell.

Regardless, I do have to say that I already know I will miss DC (of course I am referring to "the DC area" as I have loved living in Old Town, VA)-- and it will be hard to say goodbye. But as all things come to pass, so does this chapter of my life. In it I cherish all the memories and friends that I have made-- and will never forget them.

I look forward to the future. Strangely though, for the first time in my life, I have decidedly laid no tracks to any certain destination. Let me explain. My personality has always lingered in the type A category of planning and analyzing everything every step of the way- whether that is deciding what career choice to do in my life or merely going to a bar with friends (ie the logistics, who is going, when, where, etc etc etc). Sure I can kick it with the best of them and just relax-- but it has not always been my lifestyle of choice. Giving myself up to the Gods- as it were-- was always a last resort. But now it has become the status quo. And I have to say some part of me kind of enjoys it.

So to the Gods-- I say thank you. I have no clue where this new path (ie my career as a diplomat in Beijing, China) will lead. But, nonetheless, I am excited to be on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment